Learning can be easier with EX - Library.

Explore our newest feature, a reliable informational resource you've been looking for!
Join |
< Back to questions :: Q&A / Regulations/Policies / Household Goods

Documentation for Export

Household Goods
From Thailand
To Cameroon
377 views / 0 experts
Raymond Y.
Oct 28, 2020

My overseas supplier tells me I need to provide them with documentation from the U.S. Government. What paperwork is required?

1 answer

David W.
Oct 28, 2020

Fifteen agencies are involved in the issuance of certificates, export control licenses, and other documentation for purchasing from and selling to overseas partners.The Department of Commerce, Bureau of Export Administration (BXA) provides assistance on export licensing requirements and required documentation for export transactions. Depending on your product, BXA may refer you to another agency, which may include:

  • Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) serves as the U.S. Government focal point for implementing arms control inspection and verification.
  • Defense Trade Controls (DTC). The DTC handles: Licensing application for matters of defense trade compliance; defense trade exports and re-transfer; and enforcement and reporting,
  • Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) of the Department of Treasury administers and enforces economic and trade sanctions against targeted foreign countries and foreign terrorists.
    Office of Fuels Programs of the Department of Energy licenses natural gas and electric power.
  • Division of Management Authority of the Department of the Interior controls the export of endangered fish and wildlife species.
  • International Drug Unit of the Drug Enforcement Administration oversees the export of controlled substances.
  • International Chemical Control Unit of the Drug Enforcement Administration controls the import and export of listed chemicals used in the production of control substances.

Food and Drug Administration (FDA):
- Office of Compliance: licenses medical devices;
- Import/Export: licenses drugs.
Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Land and Emergency Management regulates toxic waste exports.

read more

Top Rated Experts

Raymond Yang
Raymond Y.
Leon Lacroix
Leon L.
Amber Stellingwerf
Amber S.
This website uses cookies. By using this website, you consent to our use of these cookies