Learning can be easier with EX - Library.

Explore our newest feature, a reliable informational resource you've been looking for!
Join |
< Back to questions :: Q&A / Customs / Cork and Articles of Cork

Internal taxes

Cork and Articles of Cork
From United States of America
To Australia
348 views / 0 experts
David W.
Apr 16, 2021

What internal taxes should I apply in the EU?

1 answer

Jasmine G.
Apr 16, 2021

Value added tax (VAT) is applied to goods sold on the EU market and thus also to those imported from outside the EU. VAT varies in each EU Member State and is usually paid by the importer.

The rate is the same as if you bought the product in your domestic market.
VAT-registered firms can reclaim the import VAT tax as input tax, just like they can claim back their domestic VAT payments.
The calculation of your VAT payments is based on the value of your goods, your import duty, and excise duties if they apply. You can read more about VAT and Member States' rates here.
For selected goods you will be required to pay excise duties, which vary from EU country to EU country. These taxes apply to, for example:

  • tobacco products,
  • alcoholic beverages,
  • mineral oil,
  • energy products.
read more

Top Rated Experts

Raymond Yang
Raymond Y.
Leon Lacroix
Leon L.
Amber Stellingwerf
Amber S.
This website uses cookies. By using this website, you consent to our use of these cookies