Learning can be easier with EX - Library.

Explore our newest feature, a reliable informational resource you've been looking for!
Join |
< Back to questions :: Q&A / SME / Entertainment

Lodge the Declaration

From Bolivia
To Finland
248 views / 0 experts
Oct 21, 2021

Could we lodge the declaration ourselves for the EU country?

1 answer

Oct 21, 2021

Yes but you need to have a European Economic Operator Registration and Identification (EORI) number. In addition, if you don’t have an EU established ‘indirect representative’, you need to have a permanent business establishment somewhere in the EU, for example, a subsidiary or in some cases a branch of your UK business.

Although the definition of ‘permanent business establishment’ for customs duty is different to the corporation tax definition of ‘permanent establishment’, clearly, having a local branch or company will bring many practical, administrative and tax issues (VAT, business taxes, payroll taxes etc.) to the fore. Therefore, using a freight forwarded or local agent will be a more practical solution in the short term.

read more

Top Rated Experts

Raymond Yang
Raymond Y.
Leon Lacroix
Leon L.
Amber Stellingwerf
Amber S.
This website uses cookies. By using this website, you consent to our use of these cookies